I am starting my ‘Let’s talk food’ series with my short two days trip to Mumbai. It was successful only because of the great variety and quality of food I had there. Cutting it short, Bombay offers a lot in food not only in terms of it’s origin but also in terms of diverse culture. I will shortlist all of the places with good-to-mouth food, where you should must visit if you’re planning for a short trip to Mumbai.
1. On my first day I had a visit to the most suggested and the famous Bademiya which is located in Colaba and never will I ever regret this. For my starters I had chicken kebab and fish tikka, then mutton biriyani for my main course and ended the full course with some delicious caramel pudding and shahi tukda.
2. Number 2 on my list would be Trishna. This place is situated at the heart of the city and also you can find beautiful architectural buildings around the place for your insta worthy pics 😉 . This restaurant is famous for it’s sea food, so what I would suggest is to have it’s crab dish, you will not regret.
3. For an evening hangout, I had a visit to CAFE MONDEGAR which is again at the same place, Colaba. What I enjoyed the most in this cafe was the ambience. You’ll find amazing caricatures and some western music. Food is not so different, as they serve American and North Indian dishes which most of the cafe does, but this place is a must visit if you’re planning to drop by during your shopping spree in Colaba.
4. For an amazing breakfast experience I would suggest to try out any of the irani cafes in Mumbai. I had planned to visit Britannia Co. and Leopold cafe but due to time crunch and the distance from my hotel, I gave a shot to Kayani Bakery and Co. It’s one of the oldest cafe in the city representing and showcasing the charm of the old bombay. For anyone visiting the cafe for the very first time, chai and bun is a must go-to-breakfast. Also this place will be memorable to me since I met one of the Bollywood star 😛 .
5. Lastly, this is the place which will attract most of the crowd with it’s star studded looks and some great low-priced food. Prithvi cafe is an outdoor cafe situated at the heart of Juhu. This cafe is attached to Prithvi theatre which is one of the oldest theatre owned by the Kapoor family of Bollywood, therefore do not be surprised if you see a bollywood star having meetings here :D. But this is a must go-to cafe if you are artistic and love Bollywood.
I had a great experience of food tasting in Mumbai. If you do visit the city, please do not forget to try out these places if it’s nearby and keep following my blog for more of this 🙂